Tuesday 8 October 2024

WHAT’S FOR TEA/ DINNER ?

Wow what a couple of days....! Yesterday I rearranged the shelves for my baking pans and started on decorating the Manor for Xmas. Do not be alarmed it is not too early , I usually have the Manor decorated on the 25th of September. I know Xmas is another challenge for people who are are already doing it tough. Seriously, I spent years, decades as a single mother back in the day when there were no credit cards. Lay-bys at Target got me through, thankfully that was before the 'electronic' age. My adult childeren say I don't understand, I do understand it.... but what I do not understand is the financial trap of purchasing without funds.... My family are not cooks, apart from my son Paul but he also has to limit his cooking skills to weekends, because of his work demands, but then prepares an amazing meal for the night, rarely thinking of the upcoming week. But hey what do I know? So, here is what's for tea/ dinner tonight at the Manor. I oiled an oven dish with sesame oil and topped with baby spinach leaves, which I always have in my refrigerator and topped with a packet of tomberry tomatoes. I sliced the remaining 1/2 zucchini from the refrigerated vegetable basket, placed a crumbed chicken kiev on top . I stuffed 3 baby capsicums with a few tomberry tomatoes and topped with a torn slice of cheese from from refrigerator . I topped with a good sprinkle of dried garlic and dried onion flakes. So much cheaper than take aways !!

No comments:

Post a Comment