Wednesday 27 March 2024

MEXICAN CHICKEN

I was asked if I could come up with a Mexican dish for a friend . This is the dish I came up with , but I shared it with my family . I will share the recipe with my friend and I hope she will enjoy making and sharing this Mexican dish as I did . Ingredients .....55gm of plain flour , 2 chicken breast fillets , 3 tbs of canola oil ,1 onion thinly sliced , 1 red capsicum , deseeded and thinly sliced , 300ml of chicken stock, 25 gm of raisins , 1 x 400gm can of diced tomatoes , 1 tsp of chilli powder ,1 tsp of ground cinnamon ,1/2 tsp of ground cumin , 25gm of plain chocolate finely chopped . Sprigs of fresh coriander to serve . Preheat your oven to 160 deg C. Spread the flour on a plate and season with black pepper . Coat the chicken fillets in the seasoned flour , shaking off any excess flour , reserving any remaining seasoned flour. Heat the oil in an ovenproof dish . ( Dutch oven , terrine ) Add the chicken fillets and cook over a medium heat , turning occasionally for about 5 minutes . Now transfer the fillets to a plate . Add the onion and capsicum to the dish , cook over a low heat until tender . Sprinkle over the remaining seasoned flour , stirring constantly for 1 minute . Gradually stir in the stock , then add the raisins , diced tomatoes , , chilli powder , cinnamon , cumin and chocolate . Season with black pepper , bring to a simmer , stirring constantly . Return the chicken fillets to the ovenproof dish , cover and cook in the preheated oven for 45 minutes . Serve from the oven , garnished with coriander .

No comments:

Post a Comment