Monday 14 November 2016

CHRISTMAS MESS MADE EASY ...


I'm using a large shallow baking tray for my orange blossom green tea infused jelly.
I placed 2 sachets of jelly with 500ml of boiling water  in a mixing bowl , stir  until dissolved then I added 200ml of orange blossom syrup and 300 ml of cold water and continued to stir till combined .
I poured the jelly liquid into the shallow  baking tray and allowed to cool before placing in the refrigerator to set .

You need to  whip 300ml of thickened cream with 1 tsp of vanilla seed paste until thick .
I do not have the 3 hours to prepare a home made meringue , so I'm using a store bought package of meringue drops .




I placed 500gm of frozen mixed berries  in a saucepan with 3/4 cup of pomegranate molasses  over a low heat , stirring until berries softened  , remove and allow to completely cool .
 
 


To assemble
Layer meringue drops and cubes of jelly with dollops of thickened cream and a light drizzle of berry coulis  in individual serving jars .





This will yield 8 serves of Christmas Mess .

No comments:

Post a Comment