Friday 10 January 2014

INTRODUCTION

Hello Diane ....

Let me introduce myself , I am Noelene Marchwicki .
I am keen to get  involved with the GEST program . Since my return to the Valley from Masterchef , I have spoken to many people who are involved with getting people to eat healthier , and spent 5 weeks in the Jamie Oliver  Food Van.
The Jamie Oliver Van was a great initiative , but it totally missed the groups who needed it most.
I live in Churchill and would love to set  up a GEST style community kitchen café  in the  vacant Glendonald shop in Churinga drive , Churchill.
We seem to miss the point when it comes to disadvantaged groups , we should be about empowering people to change not telling them that everything they do is wrong.
The community of food is about sharing , getting together  , interchange , listening to stories of food will enable  people to begin to change and  believe in themselves , being part of a program where people make food  to share , even getting a sense of growing their own herbs or a vegetable which will be part of a salad.....
Getting  people to use pots and pans and not a salmon fillet in sight  ! How refreshing would that be ?
I love every aspect of food and I seriously want to spread the word , and would love to be involved in the GEST café .
There is no way I can disguise my enthusiasm , not everyone will have the opportunities I have experienced , but I can share my knowledge and ability to give people a sense of worth through food.
Please help me , to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment