Wednesday 8 January 2014

2 MORE SLEEPS........

Counting down the days  .
I  am dining at Grossi  Florentino restaurant Saturday night.
Cooking is a continuing education in cultures , I have travelled the world with the insight given by my aquaintances, recipes , and the stories scattered throughout very personal accounts and recipes written in cooking books.
I have spent many years working alongside health practitioners with heritages from all over the world...
Sonia.Romm......Russian
Paul .Salloum...Syrian
Paris.Deliyannis.....Greek
Tran .Nguyen....Vietnamese
Anastase Kalamovrakis.....Greek
Leonidas.Vlahakis......Greek
Ross Mc Dowell.....Australian

(and not one of them a Collingwood supporter)

Through the community of food , stories of harvesting and food celebrations , photos of families gathered around tables  I have visited their villages , sat at their tables and  tasted their tradional fare, always generous, simple with flavour filled produce.

The journey will continue on Saturday night , when I enter Grossi Florentino , Burke St Melbourne

My favourite cuisine  is Italian.

Polpettone....
Arancini Di Riso Allo Zafferano....
Bianchetti Fritti
Osso Buco
Trippa Con Pomodoro E Fagioli
Spaghetti Con Passata
Pizza Margherita
Risotto Con Asparagi E Fontina

My favourite all time  is Salmon Ripieno, it is all about  salmon , scallops and the terrine like preparation of this dish..

Italian made ...enjoy

All recipes can be found in' Recipes From My Mother`s Kitchen" by Guy Grossi
Thank you Paul and Shane for giving me the opportunity to continue my journey to Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment