Friday 18 May 2018

BAMI......SHAUN MERSEY YEAR 9 COOKING CLASS 1994 KURNAI COLLEGE , CHURCHILL.

When  a my youngest son Dale Murphy was born I started to document the main meal of the day that I prepared .
Today looking back over the budget menus that fed  my young family and myself ,I found the menus my second son Shaun Mersey made in his year 9 and 10 cooking classes at Kurnai College , Churchill.
Let me share an Indonesian dish he prepared in year 9 which  became a staple at dinner time in our house in Churinga Drive , Churchill.
Remember it was 1994 .........( this supposedly served 4 ?)
Cook one packet of 3 minute instant noodles according to directions .
Strain and set aside .
Dice 1 carrot , 1 celery stick , 1 onion  , 1 garlic clove .
Chop 1 whole bacon rasher and shred  2 cabbage leaves .
In a separate bowl lightly beat 1 egg with 1 tsp of water .
Lightly brush a small pan with oil and heat over a med heat and quickly scramble the egg , remove from heat and set aside .
In the same pan add the chopped onion and bacon till coloured and crispy , remove and set aside .
Now add the garlic and fry over a medium heat for 45 seconds , then add 100gm of mince , the carrots and shredded
cabbage , saute till tender then add the egg , bacon and onion .
Serve over noodles.
# For a filling meal for 4 double the ingredients #
Thanks for the memories Shaun .
Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment