Wednesday 8 April 2015

THE OFFAL DEBATE CONTINUES

I respect all forms of life , it is something that was instilled in me fron an  early age .
Our supermarkets and butchers  offer us the consumer .... beautiful cuts of meat .
Steaks , roasting joints , chops , mince and fillets . These products  are a result of killing animals . Economies depend on the live food trade , Australians eat all forms of meat from slaughtered animals , so do I .
I also cook offal , beautiful , flavoursome cuts , from the same slaughtered animal ....the cuts that end up in the butchers buckets  that are made into mince  and resold as premium mince , regular mince , sausages ,   fillings for meat pies ,ingredients in  processed food  or sold off to  the factory for pet food . ( I have worked with a butcher ..all part of my learning )
I think it is a travesty to kill an animal for certain cuts and discard the bulk ....so people who use the `offal` make use of the `whole ` animal .
 P.S ..Do you like pork belly ?  It  is offal .
That which you call roast pork and also comes with rind is from a different  joint of the pig
And you thought you knew it all ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment