Saturday 1 April 2017

PIZZA SANDWICH

It was my daughter Nicole`s 26 th birthday gathering where Laufa and I made pizza bases and toppings all night .....that got me thinking about pizza sandwiches .......
I have prepared them for Robyn and her family and my son Dale .
Last night was my turn to try a pizza sandwich ....it`s been a big week , moving the furniture from a 55 square home to a 25 square home and that`s all I`ve done , the unpacking hasn`t begun .
I was famished on Friday night and all I could think about was a pizza .......even in my state of disarray , I had to do it my way ...
I bought 2 pizza bases .....one with ham and pineapple , the other with spinach and mozzarella  ( frozen packaged pizzas are the biggest rip offs )
On one of the bases I layered it with sliced cold meat , fresh spinach leaves , fresh sliced tomato , bacon pieces , sliced red capsicum , drained pineapple pieces and healthy helping
of grated cheese .
Placing the other base over top and spraying liberally with cooking oil and  a sprinkle of grated cheese .

I bake these on a baking tray lined with baking paper in a preheated oven on 160 C, till the top was lightly coloured and crisp .
Then I covered the top with a sheet of baking paper and continued to bake for 35 minutes .

The slice pizza sandwich was an absolute treat and full of flavour .
The remainder of the pizza was placed in the refrigerator till I returned after a full day  to enjoy another meal of pizza sandwich .


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment