Wednesday 13 May 2015

PORK VINDALOO ( Castle Garden tea 12th May )

I  bought a pork fillet  ( 600 gm ) and sliced it .
I had no time to marinate ....follow my instructions and this will give you a beautiful vindaloo in no time at all.
Place in a bowl 2 tsp of chilli powder
2 tsp of turmeric powder
2 tsp of ground cumin
2 tsp of ground warm mustard powder
2 tbs of ground coriander
1 tbs of minced garlic
1 tbs of minced ginger
Now mix all these ingredients with 1/2 cup of malt vinegar ......and make a paste .
Now coat your sliced pork fillet with the paste ...Set aside
Place 4 tbs of rice bran oil into your pan , warm through
Add 2 large red onions peeled and sliced to the pan .
Cook through till the onion is softened and aromatic .
Add the paste covered pork and cook till the pork is cooked through ...
I served it over a bed of red quinoa .
I had no time to marinate ......and it was beautiful , tender and full of flavour .

No comments:

Post a Comment