Monday 11 May 2015

AMOTIK...Castle Garden tea 12 th May

Tonight I served AMOTIK.
My mood was terrible , it had just been one of those days
 Being at home in my kitchen was restorative and I needed to cook and let go of my anger , as nothing was going to fix the dent  in the bumper bar of my car , other than an  expensive replacement .
I placed a cup of black quinoa  in the steamer
4 tbs of rice bran oil in the pan and heated it over a med heat .
I added 2 sliced red onions
1 tbs of minced garlic
4 green chillies finely chopped
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 tbs of tamarind paste
I mixed the ingredients thoroughly and then added 4 fillets of barramundi  along with 1 tbs of  vinegar .
Let this simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes turning the fillets once .
Taking care not to overcook.
I served the fillets over the black quinoa and drizzled the fillets with the pan juices .
Tea was great but I`m still angry about the bumper bar !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment