Monday 10 November 2014

X RAY DEPARTMENT .. WARRAGUL HOSPITAL, VICTORIA . AUSTRALIA

A sharp pain in one breast , like out of no where.
An  appointment with the local doctor
A referral for an Ultra Sound and a mammogram .
What`s happening to me , I don`t want this , and I sure as hell don`t want my children worrying .
I don`t get sick , this cannot happen to me .
I have things to do , places to be .
I `m not sharing this with anyone .
I attend the appointment , the mammogram is first .
I only answer yes or no , I don`t feel like talking .
She  takes the images but I know she  finds  something ..she takes  another image  in the same position ...
She tells me to sit .
She returns to tell me I need an ultra sound .
I have a cup of tea , I read my book ...Italian Cooking , Elizabeth David.
I return to the waiting room , he calls my name .
He recognises me  from Masterchef .
I wish he would shut up.
I`m scared , what can he see  ?
Before I ask he tells me I have a 3cm cyst .
He leaves and comes back with another man and a nurse .
I have a biopsy.
In a short space of time I begin to  trust these people , they tell me they think my cyst is benign .
I relax a little.
 The results will be back in 3 days .
Somewhere in their efforts to relax me with lots of chatter , I heard them say one was a diabetic and the other a vegetarian , I remember the nurse was pretty with dark hair  ... I will repay their kindness with the' super good cake '...it is suitable for everyone , diabetics , vegetarians and all people .
With thanks
Noelene Marchwicki
 

No comments:

Post a Comment