Saturday 2 August 2014

THANK YOU SHAUN

A text message from my son Shaun tonight  ..."I like your blog tonight , just don`t have enough of them "it was in reference to the perfect potato chip blog.
Back in the early to mid nineties , I was a single parent with two little children and three adolescent  sons and the worst thing about that period was the price of potatoes ...they were so expensive .
To supplement the single parent pension I secured work peeling the potatoes at the fish and chip shop at the end of my street . ( Prop ..Yoda and Con . in Euroka Cres , Churchill. ).
Yoda and Con made the " best fish and chips ", in typical Greek tradition they led you to believe they invented this staple diet .
In truth they were the best fish and chips I have ever eaten.
There was a period when Yoda  had a mandatory $2.00 chips wrapped and ready for  collection  by Shaun or Paul at 6.00pm on a daily basis .
Those $2.00 chips supplemented our meal when potatoes were called for as part of the meal.
If Yoda and Con can claim inventing the best fish and chips I will claim inventing the first potato chip  gratin and the vegetable and fried  chip stack .
Financially times were tough , but we always had chips .
Next time you come home Shaun I will make you  , Dee and the boys  chips .
Love you , Mum x

No comments:

Post a Comment