Friday 1 September 2023

LEFTOVERS ‘ PIE

Last night , on the last official day of winter , I prepared a chicken and vegetable meal . It was nothing special just layers of sliced onion , trimmed sliced potatoes and peeled sweet potatoes , chicken slices , green beans and cooked and cooled fettucine The layers were flavoured with wholegrain mustard , minced garlic , a sprinkle of dried chili and a sprinkle of dried marjoram . I used a lightly oil sprayed casserole and lined it with the vegetable layers and chicken slices , finishing it off with a light topping of mozarella cheese . I oven baked it in a preheated oven on 180 deg , till the vegetables and chicken were tender (when using a skewer to test ) and the kitchen was aromatic , about 50 minutes. I enjoyed the casserole , but there were leftovers after 1 serve . This morning , I pulled out the pie maker and lined the base with short pastry filled with 1/2 the leftovers and covered the top with puff pastry ,I repeated this process again with the leftover ingredients . The aromas were inviting and warm . The pies are now in the freezer awaiting to fill the order of a quick ready made meal after a busy day or I just' can't be bothered to cook day ' You have got to love freezers ......

No comments:

Post a Comment