Friday 8 September 2023

CURRIED LEEK AND KUMARA SOUP (3)

So today, I steamed 2 and 1/2 cups of brown rice with quinoa and steamed 500gm of Atlantic salmon , separartely of course . Then I divided the curried leek and kumara mixture . I mixed the cooled brown rice and quinoa into one half of the soup mixture and broke the salmon into pieces and placed them in a lightly greased oven dish . Then the thickened soup and rice mixture was spooned over the salmon and I sprinkled a little more of the steamed rice over the top and finished with a godd sprinkle of dried dill. For the second dish I steamed 2 and 1/2 cups of jasmine rice with lemongrass and quinoa . When the rice cooled , I placed a a thin layer of the rice on the bottom of a lightly greased oven dish . I shredded 500 gm of chicken and layered over it over the rice in the dish, and mixed 3/4 of the rice through the remaining leek and kumara mix and then spooned the now thickened mixture over the chicken and rice . I sprinkled the remaining rice over the top and completed the second dish with a healthy sprinkle of dried marjoram . The dishes ( A salmon casserole and a chicken casserole ) will now go into the freezer until needed. Two very tasty and easliy prepared meals just using the curried leek and kumara soup as a base .

No comments:

Post a Comment