Wednesday 17 November 2021

SIMPLY THE BEST LEMON TART

I found this recipe printed as .....THE SIMPLEST AND BEST LEMON TART. This is how the original recipe was written . Line a pie tin with baking paper , then shortbread pastry . Bake at 200 deg C for 15 minutes . Beat well 300 mL of cream , 5 eggs , 225 gm of castor sugar with 185 ml of lemon juice . bake at 200deg C till set , about 30 minutes . Serve hot or cold with ice cream . This is how I interpretated the recipe .. I used a premade sweet pastry base , the amount of filling makes 2 x 20 cm tarts . Preheat your oven to 180 deg C and place the pastry cases in the oven for 15 minutes ( remember to prick the pastry with a fork or skewer ) Place 5 lightly beaten eggs into the bowl of your mixer and add 225gmof castor sugar and beat until the sugar is dissolved . Then I added 300 ml of cream and 185 ml of lemon juice . I divided the custard filling between the 2 pastry shells and baked them in the preheated oven for 35 minutes , at this time they were set . I intend serving my tarts with cream .... As the name suggests " Simply the Best "
The original recipe came from an excerpt'Clancy Of the Overflow' by Jackie French .

No comments:

Post a Comment