Sunday 18 July 2021

SUNDAY AFTERNOON SAUSAGE ROLLS

A cold wintry Sunday afternoon at The Manor . I found some left over sheets of puff pastry in the freeer and a packet of beef sausages ( 500gm ). Preheated the oven to 180 deg C. I defrosted the sausages and left the pastry sheets to defrost in the refrigerator. I removed the casings from the sausages and sliced the 2 pastry sheets in half . I mixed the sausage mince with 1 tbs of bush curry and 1 dsp of lemon myrtle . Then I divided the beef mince mixture down 1 side of each of the four half slices of pastry and rolled them up . I sprinkled the rolled pastry with poppy seeds . and sliced each roll in 5 ( optiional ) Then baked in a well preheated oven .... until the pastry was golden , 30 mimutes .
PS Did I mention how good the aromas were ?

No comments:

Post a Comment