Monday 31 October 2016

REMEMBERING MY MOTHER ...ON HALLOWEEN THE CELEBRATION OF THE DEAD .







My mum died over 2 weeks ago , it was a tough time for my brother, myself  and our families .
So in true Halloween spirit I will celebrate her in death by preparing the dish she most often prepared .....CURRIED SAUSAGES ....
My brother John came and stayed with me at Castle Garden during the  time of mum`s passing . John  lives in Northern Queensland and one night he asked if I remembered our mum`s curried sausages ?
SERIOUSLY ...how could I forget.... they were a staple , occasionally mum would prepare a steak and kidney casserole , which I liked , but not often as my brothers hated steak and kidney .
Today has been full of grey skies .....so great weather for curried sausages .
So I used the chicken mince in the freezer  a round of camembert cheese and rolled my own sausages , which I put in with sliced carrots , green beans sliced , sliced celery , and onions with a good hit of minced garlic (sorry mum ) , I also used chia seeds to thicken the mix along with finely sliced Sebago potatoes ...


` I haven't buggered your recipe mum , it tastes amazing .  `
R.I.P.
Noelene . 

No comments:

Post a Comment