Saturday 24 September 2016

CASTLE GARDEN ...END OF WINTER 2016

Castle Garden has a spirit of its own , after a year of neglect by its present owner and carer over the years ...the garden is ready to bloom into green leaves and bursts of colour offered by nature from the strong faithful trees , shrubs and roses .
This weekend I pulled down the blinds and left the doors shut of my home and spent time in my beloved and neglected hot house .
I love my garden , and find all time spent in it very healing , I always have .
I have some horticultural knowledge and accredited with a certificate for the same .
It`s tomato time ....seedlings matured from seeds over 2 seasons ( late summer and winter early winter ) , only a tray this year but I happily spent some time in Bunning `s nursery and bought some Grosse Lisse and Mortgage Buster  seedlings .....along with  eggplant seedlings .
Spending the weekend potting up and my hands in the cool soil with Ziggy by my side ( well she was never far away ) has been a gift I should have afforded myself sooner.
I hope you enjoy the views of my garden as much as I did walking through it today .
 The garden beds haven`t been turned over for 2 years .... but I have layered the garden beds with pea straw ., this year I have a plan to produce good tomatoes in depleted soil ....
When I plant out in the 1st week of Nov 2016 , ( the end of our frosty mornings ) , I will share with you my plan .
Tomato seedlings ...
Tomato

 The egg plants hopefully I will share these with Nicole and Dale to add to their herb and veggie garden .
Orchids ....

The orchid ...






















 Ziggy posed for this herself .....



































 

No comments:

Post a Comment