Saturday 2 July 2016

TODAY AUSTRALIA VOTED

Right back when  I was the student council president at Maryvale High School , in then  form 6 ( year 12 ) HSC , I felt an affiliation with the Labour Party ...partly due to the Vietnam war and the abhorrent  Liberal party conscription policy, later due to Gough Whitlam `s education policy ..Without it I would never have had the opportunity to attend a tertiary education facility  ( Gippsland Institute of Advanced Education ).
This is the first time in my voting life I have voted Greens.....not a vote against the Labour party ...I believe labour doesn`t have the numbers ...be it so close ..I want my vote to  block the Liberals , they cannot  have the power to rule out right ....the liberals cannot change Labour`s  Medicare which allows every Australian citizen access to medical treatment  . One of the most important issues to me is marriage equality ......we must have equality on same sex marriage .
Australia has voted , now it`s just to wait for the outcome ....the end result will depend on the vote you placed in the ballot box ........
Sunday the 3rd, post election day ...
The result is too close to call ,regardless of the outcome now Labour has regained the faith of Australians .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment