Sunday 27 December 2015

MY APOLOGIES

My son Dale is obsessive to a high degree  about food and fitness , his food obsession led me in a new direction and understanding of grains  without compromising flavour of  local fresh or home grown  produce .
So please understand my complete surprise when my daughter Nicole  moved back home from the  Northern Territory , championing the benefits of a Keto lifestyle ....
Seriously , I was gobbed smacked ....Another twist in my learning curve .
The only `grain ` they agree on is chia ...
I have in the past  dismissed lifestyle changes such as Paleo , but without any qualified knowledge .
The books have been purchased and the reading is continuing ..... that`s how I learn .
As a parent all I want is for my adult children to be consuming all the essentials ....I try and
instil in them `we eat to live `, if we continually eat conveniently and badly their  life will be shortened .
My reading on KETO and PALEO has led me to produce some very healthy , flavoursome meals for both my daughter and my self .
My son`s choice of lifestyle sees him fit and healthy .
So apologies  for being so negative in the areas of  looking at renewing age old lifestyles .
My son and daughter are doing well with their life style choices .
As a cook and a mum ... I still run with moderation , but you know what is wrong with a little of everything in moderation ?
 It   is not trendy ....
Trends don`t save the world .
 I acknowledge change and change can only evolve from the tried and true .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment