Monday 23 March 2015

DINING IN ALICE SPRINGS.......

The food I have experienced in Alice Springs has been unexceptional .
Dining at the Gap Hotel was disappointing .
The ` $10 roast ` looked to me to be over priced .
The` parmie `, was a preformed slab placed on a pile of chips.
My fish fillets were straight from the pre -packaged freezer served with chips and a very ordinary salad .

Our stay at the Desert Garden Motel Uluru , was very  expensive , there is no car parking anywhere near the rooms , to access any of the facilities you have to produce your room key , all our transactions were cash , so I was really alarmed that on departure the room had been billed with a substantial drinks total.
Even more alarming was speaking to other guests who had stayed at Desert Garden Motel Uluru , had  queried extra charges made to their rooms.
The restaurant meal that I chose was nothing exceptional . A rack of lamb and shredded back strap served ,the meat was tender and flavoursome, the foam  and the wafer triangles of dried vegetables were soft and unappealing .

Casa Nostra Pizza and Pasta in Alice Springs was an unexpected enjoyable experience , It is BYO , and the menu comprehensive , offering a good choice of pasta , the pizzas ordered at my table were  wholesome and made with fresh ingredients , I chose the chicken funghi fillet served with a most delicate cream sauce , ( served not drowned ).
We commenced our meal with bruschetta and olive bread .....both served on pizza  bread.
The décor was authentic and distinctively provera cuccina , the faded prints and family snap shots were annoyingly  crooked , but the food was delicious....

Tonight I am dining at a Thai Restaurant , I have heard gushing reviews from the person who advised me against dining at Casa Nostra Pizzas and Pasta......I will let you know my thoughts after dinner tonight .........
The Thai restaurant was a Vietnamese restaurant , situated on the outside of town accessible only by car . The food was authentic and full of flavour , the menu was varied though numerous  prawn dishes were offered .
The restaurant is set under a large roof away from the kitchen with sandy paths leading to garden rooms that display huge marble statues that appear at odds in the surrounding natural terrain .

When the driver and I arrived in Alice Springs  and met with Nicole we  enjoyed a bar be que together , which I prepared and the driver cooked for us on the most adequate facilities provided by..The Quest , Alice Springs .

I`m not a food snob , I`m from Victoria , live in Gippsland surrounded by the most remarkable array of produce  and am a frequent visitor to Melbourne ..... Australia`s most liveable city with great coffee, excellent restaurants , great pub food  ( The Espy ..St Kilda ) , and the home of  4 sons , daughter in law and grandchildren .

No comments:

Post a Comment