Friday 6 February 2015

DINING ALONE ...NORTH AFRICAN LAMB MECHOUI

It`s a rare occasion that I cook for one ,  (well not alone as such Peaches and I were home alone .) so apart from sharing the contents of Peaches bowl , I decided on North African lamb mechoui .

It is a simple meal , but one of the best quick recipes.
Heat a lightly oiled gridle pan .
Make your mechoui salt , 1 dsp of  ground cumin , 1 dsp of  rock  salt , 1/2 tsp of chilli powder ,1/2 tsp of  smokey paprika .

Coat your lamb chops  (I used 4 loin chops ) with 2 tbs  melted ghee and rub  1/2 your salt mix onto the chops.
Place your chops on the hot gridle . Turning once .

I made a simple green leafed salad dressed only with sliced cherry tomatoes and sliced red onions drizzled with red wine vinegar .

I sliced some crusty bread to dip into the unused salt .
Accompanied by a glass of chilled Jacob`s Creek reisling .

Cheers Peaches ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment