Wednesday 18 February 2015

BREAD ....MOROCCAN WHOLEWHEAT AND COUSCOUS BREAD

I  love making bread , use my bread for the Castle Garden tea room , sell my bread and fill orders .
The bread I make is cooked mainly in a bread machine , there are 2 in my kitchen and sometimes I bake the bread in my pizza oven . if you have neither you can use your kitchen oven .
This is a recipe for a bread machine .......... so add the ingredients to the bread pan as I`ve listed them .
320 ml of room temp water .
2 tbs melted butter , margarine or rice bran oil
1 tsp of salt
1.5 tbs of brown sugar
300gm of wholemeal plain flour
150 gm of white bread flour
2 tbs of gluten flour
2 tsp of bread improver
3 tbs of couscous
2 tbs powdered milk  ( either full cream or skim is fine )
1.5 tsp of Moroccan seasoning . ( ras el hanout )
1.5 tsp of dried yeast

Set your machine on wholewheat  / wholegrain
Press Start

AT THE BEEP
Add 3 tbs of sliced currants

This bread is excellent when served with egg , sausage , a dip for salts and oil any thing savoury .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment