Monday, 1 November 2021

ARTISAN SOURDOUGH BREAD STARTER ( DAY 1 )

I am hooked on friendship sourdough starter, but I'm also happy to give artisan sourdough bread starter a go, come on the journey with me ....if nothing else we know it's not going to happen overnight !! First step is to mix 6 cups of all purpose flour with 3 cups of wholewheat flour ..this is what you will feed your starter with. Today on day 1, mix 1 cup of the flour mixture with 1/2 cup of water in a non metallic bowl. Cover the bowl loosely with cling warp and leave it in a warm area of your kitchen for 24 hours. What you are looking for is bubbles, bubbles indicate fermentation. We need to wait to day 3, when you will feed the starter twice each day and beyond. I'll be back Thursday ...can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment