Sunday 1 January 2023

STRAWBERRY , RHUBARB AND APPLE PIE

Today I used a frozen preshaped sweet flan pie case . I seriously did not have the time to prepare the pastry case , but seriously needed to use the rhubarb from my garden . I preheated my oven to 180 deg C . I pricked the frozen pastry with a skewer and lined the frozen case with baking paper and then filled it with dried rice and blind baked the case for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Then remove the paper and rice and bake until the base is golden . Cool . Meanwhile place 1 bunch of trimmed rhubarb ,roughly chopped in a saucepan with 1 large apple,peeled and chopped . Now place the saucepan over a low heat and add 1/4 cup of castor sugar and 5 tbs of water . Simmer for 5 minutes , stirring constantly until the rhubarb is tender . Now add 1 x 250 gm punnet of hulled and halved strawberies . Add 1 tsp of cornflour to 1 tbs of cornflour and mix through . Pour the combined mixture into the cooled pastry case . Lightly top with coconut flakes and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes . Serve warm or cooled with cream , ice cream or custard ...

No comments:

Post a Comment