Saturday 15 October 2022

A SATURDAY SLOW COOKED NO WASTE INGREDIENT MEAL .

I placed 500gm of sliced white cap mushrooms in the slow cooker , mixed with 500gm of trimmed brussel sprouts and 300gm shredded carrots . I seasoned with a liberal amount of dried chopped chives ( from the pantry ) and stirred them through ,and then 600gm of chopped bacon pieces . Seriously these were all in my fridge and I hate waste . I added 500 ml of chicken stock and 250 ml of apple cider vinegar then I remembered 500gm of cooked chicken pieces I had in the freezer , ( yes they were added ) , along with 1/ cup of dried mixed grains and 3 tbs of minced garlic . Stirred through all the ingredients , placed the lid on the slow cooker , turned on TV and let the house fill with aromas . 2.5 hours later I chopped up 225 gm of cream cheese and stirred through the mixture along with 200ml of cream and 2 tbs of dried dill and and 4 tbs of soy sauce . 2.5 hours later I turned the bubbling slow cooker off for the night . This morning I spooned the contents into an oven dish and topped with sliced puff pastry and placed in the freezer ready to serve for another meal for another day .

No comments:

Post a Comment