Monday 24 January 2022

THE MANOR RISOTTO

I have just prepared the best risotto and already excited about preparing this dish to share. I started with spraying a large pan with cooking oil , and added 250ml of fish stock and 3 cups of my frozen homemade stock . Bought the stock mixture to a slow boil . Added 2 cups of long grain white rice ( there was no aborio in the pantry ). Reduced the temperature and covered the pan and let simmer until the liquid had reduced . Then I added 1 x 400gm can of diced tomatoes , stirred through along with 1 x 425 gm can of tuna in oil ( drained )and 1 x 400gm can of sliced mushrooms. The risotto started to catch so I added 300 ml of cream , 2 tbs of minced garlic ,dried majoram and freshhly chopped herbs from the garden . The risotto was tasting spot on and the aromas are amazing . The risotto needs colour , I placed 1 chopped a green capsicum in a small pan along with a good drop of honey and a handful of frozen peas , I added a glug of canola oil , allowing these to simmer until the capsicum was tender . Stirred the capsicum mixture through the risotto . This is delicious .

No comments:

Post a Comment