Tuesday 4 January 2022

BOMBAY POTATOES

I'm right into potatoes . I see there are also potatoes packaged as 'low carb 'potatoes , I asked the person attending the vegetable section of my local supermarket, what makes these potatoes low carb ? Guess what ? , all I got was a shrug of shoulders .!! Ok back to Bombay potatoes . Place 1 kg of small washed red potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water , bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender . Drain Preheat your oven to 200 deg c. In a large oven proof dish add 4 tbs of canola oil , 1 dsp of mustard seeds , 2 chopped onions . Cook till the onions have softened . Add 1 dsp of turmeric , 1 tsp /1 dsp of chilli powder ( your choice ) , 1 dsp of garam masala . Add the potatoes and coat them thoroughly . Place the dish in the preheated oven and cook till the potatoes are golden and the skin bubbly . Serve with chopped coriander . I serve these with almond coated chicken .

No comments:

Post a Comment