Wednesday 20 October 2021

DAY 10 OF THE SOURDOUGH STARTER FOR FRIENDSHIP BREAD

It was day 10 on Tuesday 19th . I poured the entire contents of the starter bag into a large non metal bowl and added 1 and 1/2 cups each of flour , castor sugar and whole milk . Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and smooth . I then measured out 4 separate batches of starter ( 1 cup each ), and placed each starter into individual large ziplock bags .. I am now ready to share the starter bags with my friends , to continue with making the sourdough to share or making the friendship bread . I am dropping one off to my sons partner Tiana and a family friend Vida who is celebrating a birthday on the 21 st . I will make bread with 1 starter and will freeze one to make bread at a later date . The 4 th bag will begin the 10 day cycle .

No comments:

Post a Comment