Friday 13 September 2024

DUMPLING SOUP

Tonight I have prepared a dumpling tea( dinner.), I am old school ). I make my own dumplings ....but you can make this dish your own with store bought savoury dumplings.. I do not pass judgement as long as you are preparing , enjoying and sharing the meal. So let us presume you have your dumplings and they are in your freezer, ( so are mine ). I strarted the soup this morning with 1 litre of water in a pot , 1 packet of chicken noodle soup sprinkled over and added 1/2 of cabbage trimmed of thick veins and thinly sliced and trimmed baby carrots This was cooked over a medium heat and simmered until the cabbage was softened . Then I added 1/3 cup of soy sauce , 1/4 cup of golden syrup, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and a glug of hoisin sauce. A dsp of minced garlic was added along with tsp of minced ginger and stirred through. While the mixture was simmering I added a tbs of fennel seeds and 2 rounds of pappardelle pasta I turned the heat off and let the mixture rest . This whole process was over a period of the day . I added the prepared dumplings 30 minutes before serving and bought the mixture to a slow simmer and then served into bowls ... Delicious .

No comments:

Post a Comment