Saturday 6 May 2023

THE MANOR SUNDAY FRIDGE INGREDIENT CASSEROLE

Preheated my oven to 180 deg C I have just sliced up into large chunks 500gm of unpeeled Kent pumpkin , 1 onion peeled and sliced along with 2 garlic cloves sliced . Placed these in a lightly oiled oven proof dish ( casserole )and am baking until soft and caramelised . Now chop up some left over processed chicken meat and bacon pieces . On top of the the stove I have boiled together brown rice and lentils in water flavoured and coloured with ground turmeric . Ive drained the rice /lentil mix and mixed them with the chopped meats . On the bench I have chopped 3 precooked beetroot , quartered 3 kumato tomatoes and 400gm of white cap mushrooms . I have just put the lemon myrtle bush curry powder on the bench along with 3 tubs of cherry bocconcini. The pumpkin , garlic and onions are now tender , and I have just added all bench ingredients together in a large bowl and am stirring them through and combining in the casserole . Adding a sprinkle of the bush curry at intervals . Finish off with a topping of the bocconcini and a final sprinkle of bush curry powder and finally the quartered tomatoes drizzled with a little honey . I have just placed the casserole dish back in the oven and will oven bake until the topping is golden . I reduced the oven temp to 160 deg C Five minutes in and the kitchen is so aromatic . I baked for 20 minutes and then covered the dish with a sheet of baking paper , to prevent surface colouring , 20 minutes later I have removed the dish from the oven and tried a few spoonfuls ... Seriously delicious , just remember you can prepare this dish with the ingredients in your fridge along with some sort of cheese and the herb flavouring of your choice .

No comments:

Post a Comment