Monday 21 June 2021

WHAT TO DO WITH CAPSICUMS ....

Capsicums can be eaten fresh , char grilled and skinned , sliced as is and added to your your slow cooked meals , salads , soups . Capsicums freeze really well , when the opportunty arises I purchase them in bulk , trim and slice / dice them , place them in air tight platic bags in the freezer ....capsicums will last up to 12 months in the freezer . I also freeze stuffed capsicums , I slice around the vine top of the capsicum and carefully remove the seeds and pith .... I do not pre cook them ...just add the filling .... my family favourite is a filling of crumbled feta mixed with sliced cherry tomatoes , minced garlic and chopped parsley or our absolute favourite coriander . I cook these from frozen and they make great company with seafood or any protein of your choice .. Stuffed capsicums also do well with a filling of a herb flavoured grain mixed , minced garlic with shredded chicken and topped with grated cheese and served with oven heated doritos ...

No comments:

Post a Comment