Tuesday 1 June 2021

SURVIVAL RECIPES FROM THE CONTENTS IN YOUR FRIDGE

I put the challenge out yesterday and invited what you could make with the contents of your fridge . Heather from the cooking class sent photos of her opened fridge and decided she could easily prepare a quiche with eggs , tomatoes , and diced ham , cream, all contents in her fridge . Rosemary a friend on FB... took on the challenge with some premade pumpkin soup and pork sausages . Robyn has been working flat out giving covid vaccinations at the Traralgon racecourse along with other health care workers , but she will join the challenge . There is no time limit but the challenge was in place of our cancelled class this week . My eggs are not kept in the fridge so they are out . I'm fortunate that my foster dogs Ziggy and Winston love party pies ..so I made reconstructed cheesy curried party pies . That was my first survival meal from the fridge . Tomorrow I'll add another meal , the contents haven't changed , so I'm still eligable . Come on take the challenge . Here is my first survival meal ....commercial style party pies , I sliced the pastry top off the party pies and sprinkled a little bush curry powder over the meat filling and using a fork , mixed through then I added a dsp of shredded cheese or you could grate whatever cheese you have and replaced the pastry lid . Placed in the oven and warmed through and cheese melted . Have to tell you , it was pretty bloody good .!! Let's see what I can create tomorrow , come on take the challenge .

No comments:

Post a Comment