Saturday 27 June 2020

ATLANTIC SALMON IN THE MANOR SAUCE

Tonight at The Manor I will serve Atlantic salmon fillets in Manor sauce .
I used Atlantic salmon  fillets with the skin on .
The success of this dish is the sauce .
THE SAUCE
I finely sliced 2 medium onions and 2 tbs of minced garlic and added them to a pan with a drizzle of rice bran oil and cooked them over a low heat till the  onions were soft .
I then added 1 can ( 170 gm ) of tomato paste , 1 tbs of sriracha sauce .Take the time to mix this thoroughly , stirring continuously slowly add 1 cup of dry white wine ( Riesling ) and 1/4cup of a good  quality brandy .
Stir through cracked black pepper and salt to taste .
At this point the sauce is bitter , give it time to soften .
I then added the Atlantic salmon fillets to the sauce  turning to make sure of a good coating to each side .
Finally I added chilli flavoured anchovies to the sauce and let the fillets marinate in the sauce in the refrigerator for 4 hours .
Preheat your oven to 20deg C and cook the  sauce and fillet mixture for 15 minutes .
I will serve this dish with a mix of brown and black rice blended in with freekah.



No comments:

Post a Comment