Tuesday 23 June 2020

OLIVE JAM ICE-CREAM .

On Masterchef Australia 2020 , one of the challenges was to create an ice cream using a savoury ingredient .
I love creative cooking and this is what I came up with .....Olive Jam Ice Cream .
Firstly ,I prepared the olive jam .....I drained a 430 gm jar of sliced black olives  and placed the olive slices in my processor along with 100 gm of date paste I processed the 2 ingredients together and tasted the sweetness of the flavour , it was nearly there , I added another 50 gm of date paste and processed again .. the taste was amazing , but it needed a salt hit .... thats when I went and looked imploringly at my well stocked pantry ..... and I found it , a jar of  date and tahini sauce ..I added 50 gm of the sauce . Processed the sauce through and .... it was perfect ...
Now for the ice cream ....
 Put 1 egg and 1 cup of evaporated milk , 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1 tbs of vanilla extract in your mixer and blend on a medium speed until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved .I then transferred this mix to my ice cream machine .......
Add the date and olive mixture to the ice cream machine half way through the mixing ....
Then freeze as per your machines instructions .... This is delicious .!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment