Friday 17 April 2020

CARROT AND APPLE SOUP

I made carrot and apple soup ....this is really good plus it is my own recipe .
The soup was made from what I had in my refrigerator.......I dont go to the supermarket unless it is essential .
Preheat  your oven to 160 deg C
I trimmed 1 and 1/2 kg of carrots , peeled and sliced 3 cloves of garlic , place these on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with ground sumac .
Bake in the preheated oven until  skewer tender 
Peel and core 4 green apples along with 1 peeled and sliced brown onion , place these on another over tray and oven bake until tender .
I loosely covered both trays with baking paper to prevent excess colouring 
When that was done .. I placed the baked apples , carrots , garlic and onion in a processor with 1 can of coconut milk (400ml) , 1 can of creamed corn (400gm ),    500 ml of vegetable stock , 1 dsp of ground ginger , 1 dsp of ground cardamom , salt and pepper to taste .
Now blitz till well combined and smooth serve with a sprinkling of fresh parsley .
This  is delicious  as a hearty soup or sauce with a ravioli .


No comments:

Post a Comment