Sunday 19 April 2020

A FOOD JOURNEY

"Good morning Noelene,
As the teen sons blissfully sleep through the morning, I am having time to go through my emails.
Ones that I just generally just scan past, I’m reading…
Like this one I forwarded to you….
I don’t even know why I receive it
But my interest was pricked at the ‘chocolate brownie’ part, and then I went on to read it…
When it had ….‘the people who give you their food, give you their heart ‘(Cesar Caves)… I straight away thought of you.
I can still remember our earliest classes, when you spoke about the sharing in the kitchen and having conversations around food… it was really the first time I had really thought about food, other than ‘what will we have for dinner??...
So you opened my eyes, to a whole new idea of food and cooking…. Of sharing and caring for others… of having a go…of not giving oneself the message – ‘I can’t cook and she can!’ and ‘it doesn’t have to be  perfect !
So if it isn’t ‘normal’ to rant before 8 am nor ‘normal’ to remember over 6 years ago so readily…. I’m ok with that!!!!!!!
Hope your day is good."
 
........Thank you Robyn for your kind words, friendship..... sharing in the community of the table and the journey .
Noelene Marchwicki 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment