Tuesday 17 December 2013

CHANGES....FOR THE BETTER

Good bye to the old way.......I got caught up  posting blogs and pics of my meals ....when seriously it doesn't matter .
I love to cook and to create , but to spend time on electronic media recording it  means jack to me, when I am so pressed for time in my garden and doing what I love to do .cook. (and I still have so much to learn.)
The people I want to reach  are the ones doing it tough ...the ones who cant afford salmon  or chia seeds or don`t have an understanding of the basics , maybe there is a language barrier, or there are genuine circumstances of addiction ,poor communication skills.... there are a lot of people out there with eating disorders, and what of the families with disabled kids ..and don`t forget the aged or  people affected by a mental disorder....people who just want direction , an invitation to an open house , to  be supported ,encouraged and taught  without judgement.
These people need to eat , they have a right to enjoy good food not just eat to be filled.
The people I want to reach may not even have a home computer, if any body out there has read my blog , help me to make a difference , enrich our lives by reaching out and sharing our knowledge on cooking in a community kitchen ......there is a professional kitchen in the Churchill Hub that goes largely unused  , we have  resident senior citizens in Hazelwood House with a wealth of knowledge on cooking they could be sharing with all of us .
I get invited regularly to do cooking demos in Melb, why can`t we band together and approach any one of  the multitude of local producers to demonstrate the use of their produce in a cooking demonstration in the foyer of one the shopping outlets.
We have a very productive local  scrap booking group , why can`t we have the same networking on producing a community recipe book, or just a cooking club based on the same format as a book club.

Please phone me on 0407561192 or email me  at....... tree_hugger8620@hotmail.com to show your support or interest....this is a `feel good ` venture as you will get so much more out of participating  than whatever you contribute .

I am working on dates for  continuing the home cooking classes early next year ...I will use the blog to announce the dates and my son Paul will post them on FB as soon as they are released .

Cheers
Noelene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment