Friday 29 November 2013

KEEP IT SIMPLE.......AND THE RED HAT LADIES...

Keep your dish simple , let the produce or ingredients speak for themselves ." Simplicity will succeed because of quality." Stephanie Alexander .....( Stephanies menu for food lovers ).
Well known chef George Colombarios told me..." let the food speak for itself and plate up like  leaves falling to the earth".
Since my return home ......I`ve read and reread about simple food and simple plate design ....there is so much thought that goes into simple yet appealing food.
There is so much to know about food and I`m loving the concepts ,I`m totally consumed by this new way to see and use food...........
I have a secret wish ... that is to enrol at the William Angliss school of cookery in  Melbourne to become a qualified chef ...I have the desire and so much to give.....but that's just between you and me. !

The` Red Hat` ladies group were my guests for lunch on Wednesday at Castle Garden ( my home )in Churchill, Victoria.
I now operate my own business from home  Dial An Occasion , which covers cooking classes in Castle Garden kitchen and is also the base for the catering service aka  pop up restaurant in your own home or in the surrounds of Castle Garden.
The outdoor entertaining area ,( an extension to my kitchen )was the scene for the luncheon . 24 red hat adorned ladies arrived , the weather was kind and allowed the ladies a walk around my beautiful garden and all its aspects later in the day.
The ladies ate their way around the world in 5 courses
First serve was a bowl of fish soup , a clear broth with fish balls and squid slices ...
Second serve was oven baked  frenched chicken drummettes on a bed of Tuscan herbed couscous....
Third course was a ricotta frittata on a smear of horseradish creme......
Fourth course was a tomato, avocardo and chicken salsa , accompanied with strained mint yogurt and served with mini flat bread...
Fifth serve was orange crepes served with an orange butter sauce and ice cream.
After the walk through the garden the girls were served tea and coffee before their departure .

The Red Hat ladies were very kind in their comments and very generous in their purchase of my cooking and gardening publication.....Garden Path , Kitchen door.

You were all very welcome .!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment