Sunday 28 August 2022

SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE MANOR .(One meal four ways ) Meal 1 .

The sun was shining and I was able to spend time in the garden , it really has been a day well spent . The orchids are in flower , the roses are in bud and nothing else matters . Life is good . Last night I removed an uncooked chicken from the freezer and let it thaw in the frige . Coming in from the garden I deboned the chicken and discarded the bones and wing tips . This is a process that we cover in 'country 'cooking class and uses all the available chicken meat . Preheat your oven to 180 deg C I trimmed , oiled and salted 4 potatoes slicing half way through ( hasselback potatoes ) . In an oiled oven proof dish I poured 1 kg of frozen mixed vegetables , then topped with the deboned chicken rubbed with minced garlic and sprinkled with ground sumac. Finally added the hasselback potatoes . I finalised the dish with a drizzle of honey . Bake in preheated for 50 minutes or until the chicken is golden and the potates are tender , check with a skewer . I served my dish with balsamic glaze .

No comments:

Post a Comment