Friday 27 May 2022

THE CROCK POT / SLOW COOKER

I have 2 slow cookers , a medium sized one and a large one .I use them all the time . They are long lasting , my medium sized crock pot is the originial Monier crock pot that I gifted my mum on her 40 th birthday , that was 50 years ago . I love slow cookers , I roast chickens in them and prepre desserts in them . Slow cookers are so versatile . There is something so special to walking in to your house after a day away , to a simmering 1 pot meal ready to serve . BUT .... there is a problem with slow cookers .... it is the people who own them .!!! I'm the problem ... When I'm home and have something cooking in the slow cooker .......I lift the lid . There is no need to lift the lid . But I want to taste the flavours . Seriously there is no need to lift the lid I can smell the aromas , I dont need to taste . Each time I lift the lid on my slow cooker , I am reducing the temperature which will change the cooking time . Everytime you lift the lid and taste , add the time spent with the lid off to the cooking time. Hey , I'm not perfect .

No comments:

Post a Comment