Sunday 12 December 2021

PLUM DUFF ( 6 months on ) DAY 1

Plum Duff is a traditional pudding made with suet crumbs and dried fruit . I'm not using suet in my plum duff and to be honest there are no plums in the plum duff. At the start of June every year I mix together 1 kg of dried fruit , 250 gm of date paste ( you can use 250 gm of chopped dates ), 100 gm of glace ginger chopped ( your other option is whole glace cherries ), 150 gm of dried cranberries , finally I add 500gm of whole mixed nuts ( your choice ) I put this mixture in to large bowl and then pour over 1 cup of Apera and 1 cup of brandy. I let the mixture sit over night and then seal the mixture in a well sealed glass container /s . So today I placed the sealed contents into a large bowl , the fruit was swollen and aromatic. There is one other thing you must do and that is boil your calico / cotton material and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment