Monday 15 February 2021

SWEET FRUIT CHUTNEY

Due to Covid restrictions the cooking class was cancelled today . I used my time making use of the late season tomatoes and preparing sweet fruit chutney . I removed the pulp from 1.5 kg tomatoes and chopped them roughly . I peeled and chopped 3 onions along with 2 cooking apples . Place all ingredients in a large pot and add 750 gm of brown sugar , 1 and 1/2 cups of sultanas , 1 tbs of salt , 1 tsp of ground cloves , pinch of cayenne pepper . Then I poured over 1 litre of apple cider vinegar . I then bought this mixture to the boil , stirring continually , then I reduced the heat and simmered the mixture for 2.5 hours , stirring occasionally . At this time the mixture will have thickened . Pour into hot sterilised jars and seal .

No comments:

Post a Comment