Saturday 2 January 2021

BITS AND PIECES MARSHMALLOW CAKE .

If you are like me you will have leftover Xmas cake , ( fruit and plain ) , stored in containers in the freezer . I also have excess Xmas chocolates , which I'm contentedly grazing my way through . So what I decided today , was to be a little creative , using the excess cakes and chocolates . First spray a round loose bottom cake pan ( 20 cm )with cooking oil.( set aside ) Now , prepare the marshmallow , this is really easy . Add 1 heaped tbs of powdered gelatine to 1/2 cup of boiling water . Stir to dissolve . Place 2 cups of castor sugar in the bowl of your mixer with an 1/2 cup of boiling water and mix to dissolve the sugar . Then add the gelatine mixture and a few drops of food colouring ( optional ) I added salted caramel essence and beat together for 10 minutes . I measured out 125 gm of assorted chocolate pieces and cut them into small pieces I went to the freezer took out the first container and sliced an assortment of mixed and frozen cakes ( approx 400 gm )into cubes . I placed the cake cubes and chocolate pieces together in a bowl and added the marshmallow mix ( retaining 1 cup )and mixed everything together . Then I poured the mix into the prepared pan and topped with the remaining cup of marshmallow mix . The marshmallow cake is now in the refrigerator and needs to set overnight .

No comments:

Post a Comment