Saturday 17 October 2020

LAMB’S FRY AND BACON

The last time I prepared lamb's fry and bacon was when I owned the Cowwarr Cricket Club Hotel . It was called a mixed grill and served with sausages , bacon , lambs fry , grilled tomatoes, eggs and gravy . That was 32 years ago . You will need 100gm of lamb,s fry sliced in 1/2 inch slices .( 1.25 cm ) Dip the slices in a small bowl of milk . Then season a 1/4 cup of flour with a litte salt and coat the lamb's fry . Fry 6 slices of streaky bacon in a pan over a moderate heat . remove the bacon from the pan and cook the lamb's fry in the fat left from the bacon , 3 minutes each side . Finally make the gravy by adding a little flour to the pan with 2 tbs of water to the juices from the lamb' fry . I was told as a child to eat up all my lamb's fry as it was good for my blood !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment