Thursday 20 December 2018

IT'S BEEN SOME TIME .......HOME COOKED TEA .

I acknowledge everyone is busy , we are always busy..... but Xmas brings on some sort of hysteria to purchase more ....gifts , food , plus the essentials we buy weekly ....
Stop it .... think about it .
Tonight I was craving some home cooked food . Time was limited and I needed to clear my fridge ....
I placed a 1/4 of pumpkin on an oven tray  in a preheated oven 200 deg C with a good sprinkle of sumac and let it roast ... it doesn't need anything else .
In a large pot I added 1 litre of vegetable stock  , 2 tins of whole kernel corn , 1 tin of cream of celery soup , 1 tin of cream of mushroom soup ...at this stage I found the mix salty .
The pumpkin was now roasted through and I scooped out the flesh and added it to the soup and stock mix .....
I never pureed it , just stirred the pumpkin through  with a wooden spoon .
This was one beautiful dish , quick , flavoursome and delicious .
If the crunch of the whole kernel corn is not to your liking replace them with creamed corn for a creamier texture.....
The only way you could improve this is with a good pinch of nutmeg ...and I did .


No comments:

Post a Comment