Tuesday 21 June 2016

NO MORE PIES FOR ME

This is not about food ...it is all about my anger with the football club I have supported for many years ....
Collingwood Fooball Club ..The pies ...
But no more ....
The President of Collingwood Football Club...Eddie Mc Guire  disgusts me , he openly joked about drowning a woman commentator on air and two other commentators agreed to pay money to be part of this ....
What were they thinking ?
I have listened to the aired conversation ...it was sexist and totally insulting to women and children who are suffering at the hands of domestic violence .
The AFL are just as responsible ...today they fined the coach of North Melbourne $80,000 dollars because he criticised the umpires ....but the head of the AFL said no action would be taken against Eddie Mc Guire
No more black and white for me and I`ll be changing my number plates ...
No More Pies .

It`s been 3 weeks since  McGuire`s outburst at `blokey  pub humour `was aired on radio .
I love football and have followed the Collingwood football club for many years , and I want to continue to follow them but only from the grass root level . My number plates were a gift from my family so I can`t give them up .....but I will no longer finanacially support the Collingwood football club , memberships are being cancelled and that is proving difficult as I have to write a letter to the Collingwood board and explain my decision .....they have to approve my decision to give up my membership ...!
From now on I barrack for the pies but will never support them ..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment