Thursday 3 October 2013

ALL BECAUSE I DARED TO DREAM

Last September  (2012) with encouragement from my son Dale , I filled out on line the Masterchef application form......I was successful, made it through the auditioning process and was selected as a contestant for masterchef 2013.

What an honour , an experience of a lifetime .

Every day I survived the challenges  was a bonus , and the challenges were to deal with pressure ,not  to take criticsm personally, saying goodbye to fellow contestants as the numbers dwindled ,never knowing what was in store for me.....

We had the  privilege of working with and under the guidance of the top chefs in their given area of expertise, in my mind there were no losers on the show just people who went home .

Masterchef  took us to Perth , a most beautiful city and one I intend to revisit , we went outback W.A and  enjoyed the charm of  Barossa Valley ,South Australia.

But nothing comes  close to the magic and majesty of Monslevat.....on our arrival I was taken back in time to the great names (the arts inclusive) who  have worked and frolicked in this beautiful place.

Samira, Rishi ,Kelty and I ..were sent into elimination from the great hall, it did play out as a sentence to my execution, there was real  tension in the air .
Heston Blaumenthall certainly got  theatre , just not on a plate.!

Monselvat in my mind , conjurs up romantic meetings or a place to console a broken heart.  . it rained the day we were there and it was beautiful ,the geese were  guarded and loud about our intrusion into their grounds.... I intend to picnic there in the summer .

Back home , I have wonderful memories and a list of places to revisit and new horizons to venture...I feature on radio, cook fine meals for people in their homes , work with Jamies ministry of food ,  do interactive cooking demonstrations with people in my home or theirs..This sunday is going to be so special as I`m a guest at the parents retreat in Somers for  the Very special kids foundation , and we are going to cook up a storm.!
I have a diary for 2014 ...with bookings at food festivals and food events throughout Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley  (I live in   foodie paradise ) not because I`m any better than most people  or anyone ...but because I dared to dream, I let go of my fear.




No comments:

Post a Comment