Friday 9 February 2024

A DAY NEVER WASTED IN THE KITCHEN

I had organised a person to come and work in my garden , doing the topping up with fresh soil in the potted garden , back and front . It didn't happen today , so I spent my time making stromboli.... All it is , is a scone recipe , the dough being hand formed into a rectange on a lightly floured surface ( I never use a rolling pin ) about 1 cm thickness . Then spread over with tomato paste , chopped basil , minced garlic and sliced black olives . Then roll up from the wide side . Slice the dough into 9 portions , lay the portions on the prepared tray , sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese . Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven . Now remove the stromboli from the oven on the tray and top the stromboli with a slice of pepperoni salami and a sprinkle of tasty cheese . Return the stromboli to the oven for 10 minutes . You can serve warm or cool. Stromboli , freezes well .

No comments:

Post a Comment