Friday 6 August 2021

SPANAKOPITA PIZZA

For this creation I used filo pastry in the roll . I used my processor to roughly chop 1.5 kg of baby spinach leaves , and using my hands crumbled 1 kg of Greek feta cheese , transferred both ingredients to a large bowl and mixed together . ( I did season with zaatar , Middle Eastern spice mixture ). I sliced the filo roll into 4 pieces , unfurled the 4 lengths ,( you will need the whole length of your work bench or a rectangle table top .)and layered the 4 rolls of filo pastry. Spoon the mixture along 1 side of the whole pastry length. Now the next step is the most difficult part of this recipe , folding the pastry before it dries out and rolling it up without any tears ... good luck !. I would normally do this with assistance but we are in a Covid lockdown , this is totally my problem I knew the restrictions , actually I think this was me challenging myself . Well I did it , and it was'nt perfect but it worked and then I carefully hand shaped the long rope into a tight circle .( a cartwheel ). This can be frozen and when ready to use spread with tomato paste and I liberally sprinkled with fresh mozarella cheese and chopped bacon pieces and finally dressed the pizza with cheese sticks wrapped in hot salami . Bake in a preheated oven on 200 deg C until the pastry is flaky , golden and the salami cheese sticks are melted and begging to be be consumed .

No comments:

Post a Comment